Many, many people are over due a Covid Booster – at this time of year, with escalating covid cases , huge pressure on hospitals and general practice please read below.
Book a Covid Booster and Flu vaccine with one of our Nurses if you have not already availed of this free service .
Both Flu and Covid illness causes significant illness , admission to hospital and risk of death for our vulnerable friends and relatives in the community – protect yourself and each other by getting vaccinated – remember the children’s nasal spray flu vaccine – to protect your child and those whom they meet from potentially serious illness.
Remember you may also be due a Pneumococcal vaccine – ( protection against a common form of pneumonia).
Who should get a Flu Vaccination ->HSE Recommendations
Who should get a Covid Booster at this time -> This is getting complex but please take a look below and essentially look at your age bracket – unless you are immunocompromised or in a high risk category where extra guidance is also given below.
First booster ( total of 3 vaccines to be up to date )
- All those aged 12 to 17 years
- Those aged 5 to 11 with a weak immune system
Second booster: ( total of 4 vaccines to be up to date )
Those aged 18 to 49 – interval of at least 6 months since last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection -> THIS IS NEW
The following groups can still avail of a second booster, with an interval of at least 4 months since last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection:
- Those aged 50 to 64
- Those aged 12 or older with a condition that puts them at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 – for example, diabetes, asthma or heart disease
- Those pregnant, from 16 weeks if not already boosted in this pregnancy
- Healthcare workers
- Those aged 12 or older living in a long-term care facility
Third booster ( total of 5 vaccines to be up to date )
- Those aged 65 and older
- Those aged 12 and older with a weak immune system
Go n-eirí an t-ádh leat